"Effective governance lies at the heart of every successful
Jim Coulter, former Chief Executive of the National
- considering a role as a trustee or board member?
- searching for a non-executive position?
- looking for trustees or other board members for your
Did you know...?
You can use our website to search for or advertise details of
your board and other non-executive vacancies?
What's currently available?
Take a look at our blog for the current list
of available non-executive vacancies.
Why get involved?
Discover the value of finding learning
in unexpcted places - it's at the heart of everything that Common
Even if the global recession is
lifting, it can still make us feel insecure, more reliant upon
people who see things in a similar way. Are you looking beyond the
familiar for new ideas? How often do you find yourself in a
different environment and what do you learn from it?
Your experience could help you find a
new insight into or solution to a problem you face. You may find
some help and expertise from someone, somewhere or something that
you didn't expect. Even something small could be of significant
value to you.
How do I get involved?
Visit the Common Purpose 360 website
for a whole host of ideas of things you can do to get involved on
the 360 Day. Big or small, personal or with a group, local or
international, there's ideas for everyone.
We would love to hear what you are
planing to do this year - and you can tell us by visiting the
Common Purpose 360 website and sharing the action you plan to
take. And after 10 October, come back to the 360
website to share how it went, and what you learnt!
Here's some other examples of what people have done in the
- "I normally drive to work, but I am going to use public
- "I will be going to the Full Sutton prison to work with
some of the inmates."
- "On 10 October I am going down to read a motivational book
by Steve Chandler! Thanks or the inspiration!"
- "I am supporting a new business venture, giving the benefit
of my corporate experience and connections to a new
Or you could:
- Ask 3 people who live outside your area what their
impressions are of it
- Go to a meeting or an event that you, and others who
know you, would consider it unlikely for you to attend
- Meet someone who is actively campaigning or fighting
for a change in your business or community
- Take yourself out for a cup of coffee/tea and reflect
on your personal brand.
Still looking for inspiration? Visit the Common Purpose 360 website for some more
So click here to take the first
step...or you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org